How mobile can you be and still run your business?

How mobile can you be and still run your business?
There's mobile working and there's remote working, and many business people do both. But, we're going to conduct an experiment to combine the two, with a Virtual PA in the UK as a anchor-woman, to see if its practical to travel the world and still run your business.

Next week, I shall be spending 6 weeks travelling across the High Andes through Argentina, Bolivia , Peru and Chile on a motorcycle, Ewan & Charlie style, and I shall be trying to keep my business going at the same time. That's quite a challenge. Having had a Virtual PA for some time I feel confident that between us - with the collaboration technology we use at Office Lifeline - it can work.

I shall be taking my Nokia E71 phone and Sony Vaio Notebook laptop, together with webcam and headset. On my laptop I'll have MS Outlook for email, MS Groove for file sharing and Firefox for web access to Skype WebOffice, Google, Blogger, etc. And that's it. Pretty much everything we work with in the office is either in sync with my laptop or accessible via the internet.

We will be staying in a variety of hotels along the way, most of which should have Wi-Fi. Based on past experiences travelling to South America, the mobile phone networks provide better coverage than the UK, although this time I'm going extreme rural, so it's anyone's guess. However, I am expecting the signal to be better than on the M40!

The idea is to test the theory in extreme conditions and blog my experiences every week to give people an idea of the challenges and how to get around them. Look out for these after the 21st April.

For more ways to help you save time, money and hassle visit www.office-lifeline.co.uk

0 Comment: