How I Became A Virtual Assistant

How I Became A Virtual Assistant
As a graduate of the CVP program. Virtual Dream OfficeServices became my business name. Living on a farm in Wisconsin, I never thought there would be chance to supplement my income and do it while at home. Having two small kids and working full-time there was no way for me to have a second job outside the home.

While going back to school for my associate degree in accounting, I did a research project on telecommuniting. Then, I got pregnant with my first child. While on maternity I researched more about working from home. At that time there were very few companies that hired employees this way and very few people did it as their very own business. I was too conservative to quit my job since I carry the health insurance for the family.

I live in a rural area and jobs are quite scarce if WAH didn’t work out. So, starting slow has helped. I switched jobs and less stress gave me more time to really do some calling for opportunities. Then I met my mentor, Diane Hess, of the Certified Virtual Professional program.(http://certifiedvp.com/portal/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx) Until I was given the opportunity to have hands on experience with Diane Hess, I really didn’t feel like I had much to offer.

Now, limiting my availability and making sure I stay fair to the family is my biggest hurdle.
In a few years if I can pay for a family trip to Disney World, that will be my final decision-maker to do this full-time.

CONTACT INFO
Virtual Assistant, Collette Schultz
Collette Schultz
608 853 1435
virtualdream@excite.com

Certified Virtual Professional.

0 Comment: